I would love to speak at your church, conference, event, group, retreat, or gathering!
I’m a professional religious educator with a background in pastoral theology, which basically means that my area of expertise is explaining complex theological topics in an interesting way that relates to life. I am engaging and passionate about whatever I teach, so participants are rarely (if ever) bored. I tell lots of stories to draw people in and demonstrate points, I use analogies and kinesthetic (bodily) activity to help people understand, and I explicitly invite participants to evaluate and apply concepts to their own lived experience. My lectures are substantive, accessible, and stimulating.
I can cater my talks to adult parishioners, teens, young adults (like Theology on Tap), volunteer catechists, professionals in ministry, professional educators, as well as non-religious groups who cultivate leadership and support (Leadership Forums, MOMS clubs, etc.)
My standard talk is 45 minutes, plus a Q-and-A session, though some subjects warrant more time for presentation and discussion. I am also available for half-day, full-day or weekend events. Here are the talks I have given, click the arrow for more details:
- Longing for God
- Divine Revelation
- What is Faith
- The Trinity
- The Incarnation
- The Paschal Mystery
- The Holy Spirit
- One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic
- Liturgy & Sacraments
- Anointing of the Sick
- Holy Orders
- Sacrament of Marriage
- Morality and Sin
- 1st Commandment, Idolatry, & Temperance
- 2nd Commandment, Respectful Speech & Cursing
- 3rd Commandment & Honoring Sabbath
- 4th Commandment & Honoring Family
- 5th Commandment
- Respect for Human Dignity
- Stem Cell Research
- Capital Punishment
- Euthanasia & Palliative Care
- War & Torture
- 6th Commandment: Sexual Morality & Theology of the Body
- 7th Commandment: Social Justice
- 8th Commandment: Personal Integrity, Truth in Relationships, and Media Literacy
- 9th Commandment: Modesty, the Media, and Theology of the Body
- 10th Commandment: Rejecting Materialism and Embracing Christian Stewardship
- The Our Father
I would also be happy to tailor a talk or workshop for your group — just let me know!
I ask that you cover any travel and lodging expenses, plus a stipend. Please contact me using the form below or email me at email@example.com with the specifics of your event.
I can also be reached through the Catholic Speakers Association.